THE 21ST ANNUAL WASHINGTON CONFERENCE
Tuesday, May 14-Wednesday, May 15, 2019
The Hilton Alexandria Old Town
- Member Rate: $70
- Non-member Rate: $90
- Guest Tickets: $25 each
Guests will be able to attend any meal functions included in attendee ticket
Registration IS NOW OPEN!!!
Credit card payments only for online registration
New schedule for 2019!
Click here to view the current 2019 Washington Conference Agenda
** Subject to change
Hilton Alexandria Old Town
1767 King Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Housing is now closed. To reserve a room at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town, please contact the hotel directly.
Caveat: There is construction in the area around the hotel, but it is not impacting the Metro Station. All Metro lines are open and service is running at full capacity.
Informational Conference Call
Took place on Wednesday, March 13th at 2 PM ET.
Missed the call?
What we Learned:
- How to apply for travel stipends
- How to set up meetings with Members of Congress and their staff. Click here for more info. Click here for the Key Committee List
- What to say during your office visits
- On-site support that will be available to you as a new attendee
- What to pack
- Travel planning - nearest airport, ground transportation
Other Questions?: Contact Angela Beehler
2019 Mentoring Program
If you have been participating in the conference for a few years and are willing to share your knowledge and experience, please consider volunteering to mentor to a new attendee.
As a mentor you will:
- Help set up Congressional appointments
- Participate in informational sessions on Tuesday, May 14
- Guide your mentee to the Hill
- Join your mentee for at least the first couple of Hill visits
New members requesting assistance and potential mentors — contact Angela Beehler via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-967-2414 to be paired up today!
2019 Position papers will be available soon!
CENTRAL LIFE SCIENCES FELLOWSHIP TRAVEL STIPENDS:
APPLICATIONS FOR TRAVEL STIPENDS ARE NOW BEING REVIEWED
RECIPIENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED NO LATER THAN APRIL 2, 2019.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The intended use of the Central Life Sciences Fellowship travel stipends is to encourage the attendance of AMCA members who have never participated in this meeting before, particularly members from states or Congressional districts that have lacked such representation in the past. AMCA awards a limited amount of Central Life Sciences Fellowship travel stipends to attendees who meet these two criteria:
- AMCA member in good standing
- Attending the 2019 Annual Washington Conference for the first time
HOW ARE RECIPIENTS SELECTED?
The final determination of which applicants receive the Central Life Sciences Fellowships is made by the AMCA Washington Conference Chair in conference with the AMCA Legislative and Regulatory Committee Chair. In addition to the criteria above, special consideration is made for members from states or Congressional districts that have Senators or Representatives holding key committee positions affecting our mosquito control issues. If the pool of travel funds permits, AMCA may also provide limited support to members who have attended in the past but now face budget restrictions that prevent them from attending on their own.
WHAT DOES THE FELLOWSHIP COVER?
Central Life Sciences Fellows are reimbursed for eligible travel expenses up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00). Eligible travel expenses are defined as follows:
- Airfare: We reimburse the cost (full or partial) of roundtrip coach-class airfare from your home airport to the Washington, DC area (Dulles, Reagan, or BWI).
- Airport parking: If you must leave a vehicle at your home airport, AMCA will reimburse up to $10.00/day, up to a maximum of $40.00 for 4 days.
- Driving: If you drive to Washington, DC from your home city/town, AMCA will reimburse you at the rate of $.545/mile (gas receipts are not reimbursed in addition to mileage reimbursement).
- Hotel: The AMCA group rate at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town Hotel is $251/night (plus applicable city, state and local taxes).
- Meals: You can request reimbursement for the following meals up to the following limits:
Mon lunch - $10
Mon dinner - $20
Tue breakfast - included in registration
Tue lunch - $15
Tue dinner - $25
Wed breakfast - included in registration
Wed lunch - $15
Wed dinner - $25
Thur breakfast - $10
Thur lunch - $15
- Meeting registration: Registration is $70 for AMCA Members and $90 for non-members
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE AWARDED A FELLOWSHIP
You must make your own hotel reservation and travel arrangements. After the meeting, you will send all receipts and your reimbursement request form to AMCA Headquarters. Maximum reimbursement is $1,000; therefore some expenses may only be reimbursed in part, depending on your total expenses.
Thank you to Central Life Sciences for graciously sponsoring these travel stipends.
thank you to the 2019 washington conference Sponsors
Sponsorship is still available! Contact email@example.com for details!
20th Annual Washington Conference
2018 POSITION PAPERS:
Endangered Species Act Reform