AMCA 86TH ANNUAL MEETING PROGRAM
CALL FOR SYMPOSIA IS NOW OPEN
Program sessions and symposiums presented at the 86th Annual Meeting are chosen through a call for abstracts and a call for symposia process. The call for symposia is now open. The call for abstracts will become available in August 2019.
Requirements for invited symposia:
- Must be on a specific topic.
- Must be of interest to a significant portion of the AMCA membership.
- Must be a minimum of 90 minutes long and a maximum of 180 minutes long. (Special permission for a longer symposium may be granted depending on the topic)
- Speakers should already have agreed to participate. (This ensures that the symposium is actually ready to take place, as opposed to suggesting a topic and trying to find speakers after the fact.) All speakers are responsible for covering their own expenses, including travel and registration costs.
Responsibilities of an invited symposium organizer:
- After approval, relay instructions to speakers on how to submit their abstracts or submit all of the abstracts him/herself.
- Follow up with speakers as needed and communicate with speakers leading up to the meeting to prepare them for participation.
- Ensure that all speakers submit a PowerPoint presentation by the posted deadline.
- Ensure your symposium participants know how much time they are allotted and tell them to practice their talks to avoid exceeding allotted time.
- Moderate the symposium onsite and KEEP SPEAKERS ON TIME (or identify a moderator to take on this role).
The submission deadline for the Call for Symposia has been extended to July 31, 2019.
All chosen speakers are required to register for and attend the Annual Meeting. There are no discounted rates for speakers.
Click the image below to access the 85th Annual Meeting Program Book.