Each year the week of June 26 is declared National Mosquito Control Awareness Week by the American Mosquito Control Association. AMCA’s “Mosquito Week” educates the general public about the significance of mosquitoes in their daily lives and the important service provided by mosquito control workers throughout the United States and worldwide.
National Mosquito Control Awareness Week 2015
June 21 - 27, 2015
Here are a few ideas on how you can get the word out:
- Distribute a press release. Here is a template you can use.
- Contact your local radio station and offer to be a guest expert.
- Contact your local elementary school and offer to talk about mosquitoes.
- Contact your local girl scout or boy scout troop and offer to teach about mosquitoes.
- Set up an informational display in your community.
- Hold an open house at your district.
- Set up a tire drive.
- Distribute repellent packets in your community.
We want to hear from you after your event(s). Don't forget to take pictures and report back to AMCA at email@example.com.
Tools You Can Use
Scout Activity Program (developed by Hillsborough County)
Download AMCA's Mosquito Prevention Fact Sheet