National Mosquito Control Awareness Week 2016
June 26 - July 2, 2016
Here are a few ideas on how you can get the word out:
- Distribute a press release. Here is a template you can use.
- Contact your local radio station and offer to be a guest expert.
- Contact your local elementary school and offer to talk about mosquitoes.
- Contact your local girl scout or boy scout troop and offer to teach about mosquitoes.
- Set up an informational display in your community.
- Hold an open house at your district.
- Set up a tire drive.
- Distribute repellent packets in your community.
2015 Press Release: AMCA Tells Mosquitoes to “Buzz” Off During Mosquito Control Awareness Week, June 26 - July 2
We want to hear from you after your event(s). Don't forget to take pictures and report back to AMCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools You Can Use
Scout Activity Program (developed by Hillsborough County)
Download AMCA's Mosquito Prevention Fact Sheet