World Mosquito Day
August 20, 2023
It’s a day we recognize the impact mosquitoes have globally on public health. Mosquitoes kill more people than any other animal on the planet, spreading diseases like dengue, West Nile virus, yellow fever, Zika, and chikungunya.
HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS ON HOW YOU CAN GET THE WORD OUT:
- Distribute a press release.
- Contact your local radio station and offer to be a guest expert.
- Contact your local elementary school and offer to talk about mosquitoes.
- Contact your local girl scout or boy scout troop and offer to teach about mosquitoes.
- Set up an informational display in your community.
- Hold an open house at your district.
- Set up a tire drive.
- Distribute repellent packets in your community.
We want to hear from you after your event(s). Don't forget to take pictures and report back to AMCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.