AMCA provides real-time, live online learning through webinars. Subject matter experts discuss hot-topics in the mosquito and vector control industry. Webinars are free for AMCA members. Non-members may access the live webinars for a nominal registration fee. Each webinar is one-hour in length.
An Introduction to 3D Printing
Wednesday May 9th, 2018
1 PM Eastern Time
Presented by: Gregory M. Williams-
Manager at Hudson Regional Mosquito Control Program, Owner of Tarsal Claw Industries, and Adjunct Professor at Rutgers University Department of Entomology.
Abstract: In this webinar you will learn more than you ever wanted to know about 3D printing! What is it? How do you do it? Where does it fit into a modern mosquito control program? Thinking about buying a 3D printer? This webinar is for you!
1. What is 3D printing?
2. Additive vs. subtractive manufacturing
3. Types of 3D printing
4. Industrial vs. home 3D printing
5. Available materials
7. Design Considerations
10. Finishing your print
11. 3D Printer features
12. Printer reviews
New username/password needed for webinar registration: it is not your AMCA username/password. For those who have created an account for a previous AMCA webinar and cannot remember their log-in credentials, click "forgot your password" on the log-in page to reset.
AMCA Members: use your AMCA email address when creating an account as your username to enjoy FREE access.
SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE!
AMCA Webinar Sponsorship Guidelines:
- Webinar sponsorship is offered first come, first served.
- Webinar sponsor agrees to pay $1,500 sponsorship fee.
- Promotional emails for the webinar will include sponsor acknowledgement.
- AMCA will display sponsor logo on the webinar platform for duration of the webinar. Sponsor to provide company logo. No product names or product logos may be used.
- Webinar moderator will thank the sponsor at the beginning and end of the presentation.
- AMCA and/or speaker may use a disclaimer statement indicating that neither party endorses a specific product.
If you are interested, please contact Brittany Noll at email@example.com as soon as possible!
'Rear and Release: How Wolbachia can be used to control "tiger" Aedes and the viruses they carry' (aired 4.4.18)
'Agricultural Aircraft Operations (AAO) with Unmanned Aircraft Systems' (aired 11.28.17)
'Spatial Repellents for Vector Management: How Do These Things Work?' (aired 6.13.17)
'The Shifting Landscape for Accelerating 'Speed to Market' of Globally Recommended Vector Control Products' (aired 2.27.17)
'The Potential of Oxitec's GM Mosquitoes' (aired 8.16.16)
'Operational use of adult mosquito traps for temporary removal of Dengue/Chik V/Zika vectors' (aired 4.28.16)
Archived webinars and presentations are available for 'Members-only' viewing. They can be found in the Member Education Portal.
Not an AMCA Member? Join now!